Editing Guidelines for Know Home Schooling
When creating and editing articles on this site, you should follow the general guidelines laid out on this page.
To learn the basics of editing articles on this site see our Editing Tutorial
You do not need to fear accidentally damaging our wiki when you edit/add information to the wiki, as other knowhomeschooling users are always around to correct obvious errors if needed. Additionally, the software that runs this wiki is designed to allow easy reversal of editorial mistakes.
1. Articles should be written from a neutral point of view as much as possible. You should refrain from using promotional language. For example,
WRONG WAY (Uses promotional language):
"This is the most AMAZING, math program ever. You MUST buy this program if you want your kids to learn math better than everyone else is learning math."
"This math program is geared towards children who are hand on learners. If your child learns by doing, then you should consider using this math program"
2. Don't infringe copyrights. Know Home Schooling is a free guide to Home Schooling licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. Copyrighted material can not be submitted under our policies.
3. Treat others on this project with respect. No flaming, bad language, etc. in the discussions section of this website will be tolerated.
Rules for Writing and Editing articles
1. Articles should contain material that can be verified by reputable sources.
2. Link to other people's websites within reason. When writing or editing an article feel free to link to useful (RELATED) sites. At the end of an article, you can leave links to other related sites. Do NOT LEAVE links to unrelated sites or spam this wiki with unrelated links on multiple pages.
3. When editing an article, a logged-in user can mark that edit as being "minor". For this site minor edits are things like:
spelling corrections, changes to the formatting and location of text, and minor grammar changes. If you mark an edit as minor, and you didn't mean to, then you should edit the article again. Make sure that the minor edit check box is not checked, comment that the previous edit was marked as minor on accident, and, then save it.
To learn how to edit and create articles on this site see our wiki editing tutorial